Friday, June 5, 2009

Social Anxiety

Listening to: Close to Me by: Why?

I am sitting here in my apartment in Copenhagen getting ready to ride my bike over to the bar to bartend tonight. I get in this mood sometimes before a hectic night to just want to stay in, curl up in a ball, close the doors and windows, light some candles and listen to music. I don't want to go outside or be around any human being whatsoever. I want to be alone and away from it all. It is almost a fear of being social. Bartending may not seem like a hard job and for the most part it isn't but it is a lot of acting. You have to be on and smile all the time and be happy to be working when in reality you don't feel like that all the time. That is where it becomes hard. I am working during a very crazy weekend which consists of this electronic festival called Distortion. It starts from Wednesday until Sunday and it goes around to different parts of Copenhagen with djs and live bands. Last night it was in Nørrebro where I work and the bar was insane so much we had to close down early because we just couldn't keep the pace up. The bar would have been trashed. It was wall to wall people I couldn't even move to go to the kitchen to get ice. The bar was certainly not prepared for a night like that. Tonight should be a bit more under control as the festival moves to Vesterbro. Well, off to work I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment