Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Back to CPH

Listening to: Man my Machine by: Kasper Bjørke

The train ride is quite intriguing as you have a lot of time to think and observe. I had a 3 and half hour train ride which left at 9pm and got me back to CPH at 12:30am. I looked out the window for a good hour just watching all the different areas of Denmark pass me as I listen to my ipod. Then I sit and read for a bit which I am totally enjoying the Leonard Cohen book Beautiful Losers. As I am on the train I think a lot about what my plans are after I leave this great country and get back to reality in the US. I have soo many mixed feelings on it. Do I want to go back to the same life I left?? Where do I want to live? Do I want to go home to PA for the rest of the summer and spend well needed time with my family? I start to panic and think that my time in Denmark is getting shorter by the minute and I need to really make an impact here. Sometimes it might be better when I don't have soo much time to think about things especially the future. All I realize are that my thoughts are just me talking to myself internally. Then all this intense thinking is interrupted by a few text messages from my friends back in CPH that want to meet up right when I get off the train. This certainly gets me out of my paranoid state and anxious to get back to CPH. This is why I love my friends they are always there when I need them even if they don't realize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment