Tuesday, May 12, 2009

NYC or CPH??

Props in Nørrebro
























The Magician




Listening to: Floating by: Jape

I went out to meet up with my friend to have a chilled out night and talk about the weekend's events. We met up at this really cozy bar called Props in Nørrebro. Well the quiet night turned into a bit of craziness. I actually felt like I was back on Orchard Street walking around during the 3am hour. First off this older guy that was at the same table as one of our friends was drinking away and started asking if I was American because he could hear the accent. His English wasn't that great so he would talk to my friend in Danish and then she would interpret for me. He seemed ok but just kept talking and then I realized that this guy is pretty drunk. All of a sudden he wanted to show us a magic trick where he pulls out two dice and asks us what is the count on each of the dice and then he does this funny shuffling of his hands and what you saw was now switched. He was soo proud of his trick and then showed us how he did it. It is top secret so I can't say how it is done ;) In the midst of that this disheveled looking guy with long unwashed hair and clothes that didn't look washed for days came up to us eating pringles and would say things in Danish. My friend understood him and started to stand away from him because he was clearly drunk and just acting soo weird. I kept thinking am I in CPH or NYC. Made me a bit homesick ;) What got a bit out of hand was the guy started touching my arm and wanted to dance with me. That is when I got a bit freaked out. My friend and I just walked away and hung out with a friend in his apartment nearby. It was truly a typically night in the Lower East Side...wait I mean Copenhagen??

No comments:

Post a Comment