Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Echoes




Listening to: Beck - Sea Change


Echoes are all I hear now. I close a door, I open a drawer all I hear is the echoes of my actions as I sit here in an entirely empty NYC apartment. Life can go from a fully furnished apartment with more people living there than allowed to a mattress, two suitcases and just me. It can all change in an instant and all you are left with is your thoughts. Boy did I think I was ready for this but when reality hits it hits harder than an imagination could ever imagine. I leave for Copenhagen on the evening of the 30th. I hope for so much...a simpler life, new faces, dear friends, clean air, adventure, love and the challenge of living abroad...being the foreigner. Is it gonna be all that different? Will I end up hearing the same echoes I do now? Will I be empty or fulfilled? Here is to change! CS

No comments:

Post a Comment